This year, our community and others have continued to be challenged by attempting to navigate the complexities resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
As a result, stress and feelings of being overwhelmed have become standard concerns. Our first priority is providing our clients, families and staff with safe, effective and efficient care in all avenues of therapy. Thus, we have adapted our processes and client resources to help make ABA therapy as safe and comfortable as possible in these unpredictable times. From your family to ours, we will get through this pandemic together.
If you have any questions, ideas or concerns, contact us here at BehaviorSpan and send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We recognize that many of our families have been experiencing schedule changes as we adapt our schedules and how to care for our clients. We apologize for this and any inconvenience that it has caused. It is important that you continue scheduled ABA therapy sessions. Missing therapy sessions and reducing therapy hours can result in lost skills and potential regression in some clients. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to continue to receive scheduled ABA sessions as recommended by your clinician.
If you or your loved ones are being tested for or diagnosed with COVID-19, contact Christine Duong by phone, (720) 206-9644 in advance of arriving at the center so she can help you navigate the next steps that include increased safety measures to manage the risk of infecting others.
In addition to pre-screening questionnaires for COVID-19 symptoms for all staff members before you arrive, all individuals are screened upon arrival at all BehaviorSpan centers with a temperature check.
Facemasks are mandatory for everyone inside our centers and teammates are required to wear full personal protective equipment – facemasks and (reusable or disposable gloves in certain circumstances) are being used during all sessions – while in close contact with patients.
High-contact areas such as individual classrooms and the living room, toys and other supplies in our centers are repeatedly and thoroughly disinfected throughout each day after the individual is finished using them. Individual client classrooms and common areas undergo through cleaning processes after every single session as well.
All clients and staff are required to follow CDC guidelines for safe social distancing measures, remaining at least six feet apart from others, and visitors are restricted to only those essential for client care or parent collaboration meetings if Tele-health is unavailable.
We provide our BehaviorSpan team with increased safety guidance and protocols to help them continue to be available to do their important work with our clients and families while keeping themselves and their loved ones safe.
● Please comply and be patient with our screening processes and be open and honest with responses.
● Call ahead if you or your family members are experiencing any of the following symptoms – fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, the new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
● We ask all staff to wear a mask while they are in the center and when coming to the center along with while you are out and about in the community.
● Avoid large gatherings of people indoors and outdoors.
● Abide by social distancing measures given in the center.
● Wash your hands before therapy while in the center and frequently while at home.
● Consider getting a COVID-19 vaccine when it is available.